Power scenario in Bihar to improve by 2016- says Minister

PATNA: Energy minister Vijendra Prasad Yadav assured the state legislative assembly on Wednesday that the state s power scenario would considerably improve by 2016 as most of the power projects undertaken by the state government would start generating power by that time.

The minister was replying to the debate on the cut motion moved by Jitendra Kumar Rai ( RJD) on the budgetary demand of over Rs 2,846 crore for the fiscal 2011-12 of the energy department. The cut motion was later rejected by voice vote.

he minister said with the investment of Rs 4,000 crore, the NDA government had completed 90 per cent of the transmission lines while the rest 10 per cent would be completed by the end of next fiscal. the minister added.

He said that the power situation is grim in the state because against the power allocation of 1,649-1,692 mw from the Central pool, the state is getting a meagre 900-1000 mw. However, with the completion of Nabinagar thermal power station, renovation of Barauni and Kanti thermal power stations, one thermal power station coming up at Sangrampur village in East Champaran etc, the power scenario would improve by 2015-16.

With the completion of these stations, the entire households would be able to get power. However, he criticised the Centre s step-motherly treatment to Bihar. He said in 16 states, including UP, J&K and Andhra Pradesh, power stations are coming up where the Centre has clarified that states share would be 50 per cent while the rest 50 per cent generated power would go to the Central pool. However, in case of Barh and Kahalgaon thermal stations, the 50 per cent formula is not applicable, the minister said.

He urged the Centre to provide coal linkage to the state otherwise the power scenario would remain the same.

As for the revenue collection in the power sector, the minister said that against the revenue collection of Rs 159.31 crore per month in 2009-10 by the Bihar State Electricity Board (BSEB), it is now collecting Rs 191 crore per month. He, however, appealed to the people, particularly in the rural areas, not to indulge in power theft.

 

 

  • Saumya

    Great work for Bihar

    • admin

      Hello Saumya
      Thanks for comments. This web site is non political and simply dedicated to the people of Bihar.
      Presently we are working /doing market research on energy sector. U will perhape no where find
      so much news /information about power sector prevailing situation in the state. We are commited
      to improve it and give as much information as possible. We are gradually taking other sectors also.
      Bihar prabha needs your non financial support in making it popular site amongst Bihari or who wants
      to set up bisiness/industry in Bihar.

      Biharprabha